We’re looking for a Spine animator with advanced rigging skills, to remake or tweak our main spine rig that is used for players and NPC characters in our game Space Chef.
Space Chef recently raised $51,000 on Kickstarter, check the trailer here:
This is what the player currently looks like:
The new rig shall have these features, with the most complex on top:
- Can equip weapons in side/down/up and aim towards an IK target
- Fire gun in any direction with recoil
- 4 different gun types and 2 melee weapon types
- Switching between side/down/up will be made from Unity, but it can either be an animation, or a different skeleton, depending on what works best
- Advanced customization (Skin color, hair and colors, clothes, accessories, body size) in a mix and match setup.
- Facial expressions, blink, etc
The current rig has several of these features, but it has some issues, animations doesn’t look great, it looks a bit rigid and there are some sorting issues etc. It might be a good idea to redo it from scratch, as it might be too complicated to fix the issues in the current rig, but we’re open to both options.
The current rig is based on the “Esoteric Spine Asset Pack - Gunman” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etNVOvbkji4) and we are willing to have you either modify the rig to add the features we need, or remake it from scratch. Whatever solution you think will be the best.
Our budget for this is between $2,000 - $3,000 USD.
We have a full specification of this, and a repo with the rig that can be sent on request.
If you’re interested in working on this, and like to discuss the details, contact me and attach a link to your portfolio or if you've done something similar::
Discord: BlueGooGames#1896 (Recommended)
Email: info AT nicmarmedia.se
Private message on this forum is also ok.