chrismweb

I'm finally getting a chance to redo the tree's with more distinguishable tree's, and I've been excited about making them in Spine!

They'll probably have 3 animations - idle (wind flowing), being chopped down, and falling down.

I just finished the idle animation, with the first iteration new graphics (I'll have to improve it in the future, trying to keep each tree's initial setup to about a day).
birch_idle.gif

The awesome thing is, when I have more weather changes in the game, I can have the tree moving more violently during a rain storm, potentially have mobs perch on the branches, ect!

The other two tree's will look distinctively different, and have a lot more branches (which is why I did this one first ;) )
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.
chrismweb

Nate

Cool! Using Spine for backgrounds is great.

I think the way a tree would move is the big part catches some wind and moves, then the little parts move to catch up.
Nate

Nate

chrismweb

Thanks Nate!

Yeah, I'll have to see what it looks like with a forest of them- I want the movement visible, yet not overdone.

I REALLY want to play with FFD, but I think my process will be skeleton (test in game), modify skeleton animation with FFD's (test if still runs fast). The trunk is 3 different bones, but it would probably be easier+ look better using 1 FFD rectangle, with even 6 points.
chrismweb

Torna a Showcase